Bellevue Suboxone Clinic Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information?
We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
We can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
We can use and share your health information to run our practice, improve your care, and contact you when necessary.
We can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
- Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
- Example: We use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
- Example: We give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services or medications.
How else can we use or share your health information?
We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways. These are usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes. For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html.
We can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
- Public health and safety issues
- Compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Respond to organ and tissue donation requests with permission
- Work with a medical examiner or funeral director
- Address workers compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
- Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
- Preventing disease
- Helping with product recalls
- Reporting adverse reactions to medications
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
- We are required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it if requested.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
Effective Date: May 1, 2016
By utilizing our services or replying to our email/text/cellular phone/video chat, you acknowledge that you are aware that email/text/cellular phone/video chat are not a secure method of communication, and that you agree to the risks. If you would prefer to not exchange personal health information via these methods, please notify the Bellevue Suboxone Clinic
*To request a copy, please contact the Bellevue Suboxone Clinic. We may ask you to make this request in writing and we may charge you a reasonable fee for the cost of producing and mailing these copies.